16.1.14

Arrival in Vietnam

After flying for 9 hours, I have finally arrived in Vietnam! The last time I came to Vietnam was back in 2004 and although I did enjoy my time there, it wasn't a place that I ever wanted to go to again. But ironically enough, here I am again today! 

It's been awhile since I've come back here, so there's certainly many changes that have occurred during that time period. For example, I do find the place to be a lot cleaner. When I first arrived, there were all sorts of rubbish on the side of the roads, it was repulsive! I also feel as if there's a lot less homeless people, which I guess is a good thing. However, one thing that has not changed is the very, very, VERY busy traffic. Literally, all you ever hear is the honking sound of scooters and cars. 


The hotel is rather nice, it's not the best place, but it's definitely better than many other places here. Thankfully, the weather is quite nice at the moment, although it is still rather humid. I wasn't that keen on going to Vietnam at first, but it didn't turn out as bad as I expected. Maybe I should give it a chance first before I make any judgements...

Anyway, we are meant to be going to Thailand in two days, but due to the protest that's going on at the moment, it doesn't look like we'll be going any more. It's quite a shame though, because I was really looking forward to going to Thailand since I've heard so many great things about it. Oh well, at least we'll still be going to Taiwan! 

So long for now, and stay tuned for more updates on my trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment